Monday 8 December 2008

task 6 week 6

Gameplay is something that the player/s can interact with or use within the game, this includes buttons on a controller, using an interface within a video game or using something like dice in a board game. An example of this can be a recent game im playing called the "prince of Persia", you move your character around using the controller and the character can jump onto walls, run across things and fight monsters using different buttons depending on the situation you’re in.

This question I don’t understand very well "Who are the leading lights in Game Design?" does it mean who runs the designing in each company, or is it the companies themselves? Well in each company, the heads of each department’s artists, programmers, interface makers and modellers each have their say on what content goes into a game and then when they’re all in a agreement the chiefs turn around to the staff and tell them what to make to help make the game unique and interesting.
As for the companies themselves, it depends if we’re talking about third-party companies or the head companies such as Nintendo, Playstation and Microsoft because they are the company’s that demand their games from the third party groups such as Ubi-soft and Activision and would get a hell of a lot of money out of it!

I say all these reasons above are important when I play a game, I mean I would hate to play on a blank screen with nothing in my hands while dreaming of actually having a console to play on haha! I say that different Genres would need different designing and why of thinking because it helps to create the atmosphere for the player like for example I wanted to make a horror but my artists drew out happy fluffy bunny rabbits, it isn’t gonna be a scary game! Well to anyone who’s afraid of cute things and fluffness!(yes I made that word up haha).

No comments: