Saturday 13 December 2008

task 7 week 7

An Art director has many different responsibilities and things to do such as keep all the artists on schedule when getting their work finished and teaches lesser artists in the group etc.
There’s a lot that Art directors do and I think it would be an extremely hard job to have from what I’ve read on the articles given, I bet that’s why they get paid a lot haha.
I think an Art directors position is creative because he tells the artists what he needs and tells them if he wants any changes to any piece of work and also helps artists with their drawings etc, so I think it has a huge effect in the company.

The job of a Games Art director I think is similar to an Art film director because they tell what the artists needs to do/improve on their work and help out with any timeline issues or any other bits that a normal artist couldn’t do.

If I wanted to become an Art director for games I would need a lot of experience in game design and general game concept art drawing, which is about 5 years worth of being in the industry and also needing at least 2 games making it to the market! To be honest it would be a long time before I become an Art director haha!!

No comments: